Looking for something to do with the surplus of zucchini and tomatoes? Put them to good use in this recipe. Great for a main dish or a colorful side, this recipe is chock-full of vitamins and minerals, fiber, protein, and healthy fat. Feel free to use different vegetables or beans or even add goat cheese or chicken for a more complete meal.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or other grain
- 1 – 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups assorted vegetables, sliced (summer squash, peppers, onions, pre-cooked beets)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, grated
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice from ½ a lemon
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 handfuls baby arugula or spinach
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add vegetables to bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables for 3 – 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Make the vinaigrette. Add garlic and ginger to a small food processor or blender and pulse to finely chop. Add avocado, vinegar, oil, honey, lemon juice and basil and blend until smooth, adding water if necessary for a thinner consistency. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Assemble salad. Combine quinoa, chickpeas, and vegetables in a bowl and toss with dressing.
Did you know? We accept Blue Cross Blue Shield, Harvard Pilgrim, and Tufts health insurances. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact email@example.com.