Looking for a beautiful, delicious, and healthy holiday appetizer to bring to your next event? Try out these goat-cheese stuffed dates! These are a snap to prepare and will please any guest.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 159 calories, 6g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 11mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 20g sugar, 5g protein, 247mg potassium, 91mg phosphorus
SERVING SIZE: 3 stuffed date halves
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, stem removed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate arils or dried cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 9 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pistachios or hazelnuts, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, thyme, fruit, and black pepper.
- Use a fork to mix well, then set aside.
- Cut each date in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of goat cheese mixture in each date half.
- Place stuffed date halves on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Cooking note: If not serving immediately, store in refrigerator but allow to soften at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for more ideas and for support with healthy eating? Contact the dietitians at Waverley Oaks to schedule an appointment today! We accept all major health insurance plans. Email email@example.com
Recipe adapted from “Food and Nutrition Magazine”