Nut Butter & Jam Cookies
Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Here is a delicious treat to spoil Mom on Sunday that is also super fun to make. Small children will enjoy using their hands to shape the well in each cookie, and older children may even be able to make the whole batch themselves. Enjoy!
½ C nut butter of your choice
½ C maple syrup
2 tsp pure Vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
1 can (15oz) chickpeas, canned, drained and rinsed
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
24 tsp fruit jam of your choice
- Preheat over to 350 F
- Add all ingredients except the jam into your food processor
- Process on high until well blended
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray or use liners. Add about 1 T of mix to each tin or liner.
- Form a well in the center of the mixture with a spoon (or use your thumb, it’s fun to get messy!). Place a heaping tsp of jam into the well of each cookie. Makes about 24 cookies.
- Bake cookies for 20-22 minutes, or until edges are browned
Nutrition: Per cookie
94 calories, 3 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 2.5 g protein
Looking for more ideas and for support with healthy eating? Contact the dietitians at Waverley Oaks to schedule an appointment today! We accept all major health insurance plans. Email Nutrition@waverleyoaks.com
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!