By Janyce Gately MS, RD, LDN, HC
This sweet treat comes just in time for apple picking season! This delicious, no-bake snack is a favorite in my house. It’s quick, easy, and loaded with fiber and protein. What’s more, it looks like a cookie, and tastes “cookie-like” with a delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate. What makes it even better is the ease in which the “cookies” come together. Play around with different combinations of toppings beyond what’s included in the recipe, such as fresh berries, flax seeds, or chia seeds for added nutrition and to make it your own.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 apple
- 3 tablespoons nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew) or seed butter (sun butter)
- 2 tablespoons nuts (sliced almonds, chopped walnuts or chopped pecans)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 ½ tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
Wash apple and slice into ¼ inch rings. Remove core from the middle of each slice and pat dry with a paper towel. Spread nut butter on each ring and top with nuts of your choice, shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips and raisins. Enjoy!