By: Jessica Roy, MS, RD, LDN
Pumpkin season brings pumpkin products and flavors in abundance. Some choices are sweet treats (pumpkin doughnuts are a favorite in my household) and others can be more on the healthier side. Read on for my new favorite pumpkin recipe that can easily be enjoyed through the cold winter months!
Jess’ Perfect Pumpkin Oatmeal (serves 1)
- ½ cup steel cut oats (cooked)
- ¼ cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup milk (or plant-based milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon nut of your choice
- 1 tablespoon dried fruit of your choice
Simply combine the ingredients and enjoy! If you prefer a little more sweetness in your oatmeal, try adding vanilla plant-based milk (such as vanilla soy milk), or a teaspoon maple syrup. Happy and healthy eating!
For more fun recipes, reach out to [email protected]!